How To Find The Right Tree Contractor for First-Timers
Florida should be renamed the land of the trees. But, as we all know, Florida’s moniker is the Sunshine State, making for a perfect natural habitat for various trees, shrubs, and grasses.
But some of our trees are more expensive than others. They require a little more TLC than we realize. So, in finding a good tree contractor, let’s not leave it up to just anyone.
Just because we get business cards tucked into our car doors doesn’t mean the businesses flogging them are in any way qualified. You have to do your homework. Luckily, we’re here to be your study buddy and have put together a list to help with this.
Tips On How To Find The Right Tree Contractor The First Time Around:
- Proven Track Record. In this day and age, researching reviews online is easier than its ever been. Be wary if there are just a few reviews available, as that may show their relative young age in the landscaping world.
You will want to look them up on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), as well, if applicable. Be as thorough when researching reviews and blogs, as possible. Ask your neighbors who have those pristine yards for their recommendations.
- Reasonable Pricing. A good rule of thumb is to get three quotes from different tree contractors in your area. You will be able to compare prices and see where each is in the overall ballpark, as well as what services each company offers.
- Licensing. One of the most important items on the list to check off. Make sure to check to see if the tree company is licensed and for how long they have been. Some states don’t require this, but they can still elect to get licensed which shows that they are operating legally.
- Insurance. Another important item on the list, insurance is as important in tree removal as it is anywhere else. You can elect to hire a company without their own insurance but, if something were to happen, you would be stuck going through your homeowners’ insurance as a worst-case scenario.
- Payment Options. Ask how and when payment can be expected. Any time full payment is expected before any work is done should raise a red flag.
A Great Tree Company Referral
If you are in need of tree services, reach out to SB Tree Services. A well qualified, licensed and insured tree company, we serve all areas of the Volusia County area with a full spectrum of tree services.